13 May 5 Steps to a Toxic-Free Mind
As Gandhi once said, “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.”
So how do you know which thoughts are valuable and which thoughts are to be disregarded?
It’s usually the negative thoughts that can have a particular power to affect our destiny. The next time you’re having a thought which in some way is self critical, judgmental, worried or stressed, take a mindful moment to pause. Then:
1. Notice when you are having a thought that is negative or creating emotional discomfort.
2. Ask yourself: “Is this thought moving me toward or away from what I value and how I want to be living?”
3. If the thought is moving you away from who you want to be and how you want to live in the world, then let that thought go. Realize that this thought is just a thought, and not an authority.
4. Take a moment to bring compassion to yourself as you recognize and uncover the underlying emotion that is fueling these negative, unhelpful thought streams.
5. Remind yourself that the nature of the mind is to think. It is constantly producing thoughts, some of which are creative and inspired and others which are holding you captive and bringing you down.
Realize that you don’t have to believe every single thought that comes into your mind. Mindfulness — the capacity to be aware of what is happening from moment-to-moment — helps you to carefully choose which thoughts you are allowing to influence your life.
From Mind Body Green Article
By Elise Bialylew. Full Article Here
- The Deepest Pain Can Lead to the Greatest Ecstasy - December 1, 2022
- 20 Things to Do Right Now to Relieve Anxiety & Shift Your Mood! - November 30, 2022
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen - May 28, 2020