01 Jul Best Butterfly Pose Ever in 5 Steps
Want to experience the best Butterfly Pose ever in 5 steps?
Try this PNF style stretch:
- Squeeze your lower legs against your upper legs (as if you put a piece of paper in between your calves and hamstrings and you squeeze the paper).
- Engage outer hips and outer glutes, then attempt to draw your knee caps down to the floor with that action.
- Hold the muscular engagement about 10 seconds.
- Relax the muscles. Your muscles will give you some slack. Take up the slack and stretch a little deeper for 20 more seconds.
- How deep? Find the stretch that makes you say to yourself, “Ahhhhhhhhh : )” not the stretch that makes you go “Eeeeeeeeek! or Argggggggh!”
Repeat 2-3 times for best results.
Latest posts by Kelli Russell (see all)
- The Deepest Pain Can Lead to the Greatest Ecstasy - December 1, 2022
- 20 Things to Do Right Now to Relieve Anxiety & Shift Your Mood! - November 30, 2022
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen - May 28, 2020