04 Jun BEST QUICK & EASY HOMEMADE PANCAKE RECIPE
I’d tried homemade pancake recipes before, but they tasted so awful that I continued to purchase the healthiest boxed pancake mix that I could find….until I found this amazing recipe. It tastes so delicious and you will recognize EVERY ingredient, a total boon! Hope your family enjoys these pancakes as much as mine does!
Here’s the Recipe:
This is the perfect amount for our family of 3. Double or triple the recipe for more. You can always freeze them or put them in the fridge and re-heat them throughout the week if there are leftovers.
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 medium egg
1 tablespoon oil – (Healthy Tip: you can substitute prune puree for the oil if you like. Still tastes amazing! Just blend up a bit of prunes and water in a bullet blender until you have the right amount. Should be the consistency of applesauce. You can do this in most baked goods)
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk well and keep aside.
- Beat the egg with oil, vanilla, orange juice, milk, and sugar.
- Add the flour to the previous mixture and stir gently. Over mixing this batter will make them tough. Don’t mind the lumps if there are any. (It’s a leaner, runnier batter, but once cooked, puffs up).
Delicious ideas for additions:
- Orange zest (1 tsp) and mixed berries – blueberries, boysenberries, raspberries (frozen works fine if you don’t have fresh : )
- Diced walnuts, shredded coconut, and chopped bananas. I put some in the mix, then add some more on top for a garnish.
- Diced fuji apples with cinnamon in the mix. We like to coat with peanut or almond butter, then put thinly sliced apples on top, too.
**This recipe works great, as is for waffles, too!
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen - May 28, 2020
- Covid Query, Connection, & Creativity - March 25, 2020
- Want to Experience A Massive Shift? Quit the Blame Game! - February 2, 2020