17 Aug Ever get trapped in FOMO? Foster your spirit Friday
A student of mine shared with me a new acronym: FOMO – Fear of Missing Out. Some symptoms of FOMO include:
- saying yes to everything,
- whether work related or personal because you don’t want to miss out on building your career or social life,
- texting while driving (is our social connection worth more that our safety or someone else’s life?)
- and interrupting face-to-face interactions with friends and family to check their phones for text messages and Facebook/Twitter updates.
Is this our modern way of “keeping up with the Joneses”?
So how do you Combat FOMO?
How about checking and posting your social media only once a day. Dare I say once a week?
Fully engage in the present moment. When you are at a fun event, instead of posting what you’re doing on Twitter and Facebook, you enjoy your experience, and post about it later in the week. Say no to a few events so that you actually have some free time to enjoy the people in your life that mean the most to you.
Or just spend some time alone doing your favorite hobby,(unless your favorite hobby is social media)!
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen - May 28, 2020
- Covid Query, Connection, & Creativity - March 25, 2020
- Want to Experience A Massive Shift? Quit the Blame Game! - February 2, 2020