10 Feb Kelli’s Wellness Soup
Man, people have been dropping like flies with gnarly colds and flus this season!!! Whenever I’m sick I make this soothing soup that tastes good, clears my throat, and helps me feel better as it strengthens my immune system.
You can decide if you want to make a single serving, multiple servings, or enough for the whole family. Just chop the veggies and see how much you want to use. Same with the broth. You can use 1 cup for a single serving, or 4-6 cups for the whole family or if you want leftovers.
Vegetable Broth(for Vegan or Vegetarian) or Chicken Broth
- Chopped Carrots
- Chopped Celery
- Chopped White Onion
- Minced Garlic (about 1-2 tsp per person or serving)
- Minced Ginger (I’d say 1/4 tsp per person or serving)
- Add Chopped Cabbage on top at the very end, as it cooks quickly
broccoli, mushrooms, green onions, cilantro, sriracha chili sauce (good for clearing your sinus if you like it spicy. I like the Lee Kum Kee brand because there are less additives than the traditional sriracha (it’s not vegan or vegetarian because they add a bit of anchovy), or minced tumeric (about 1/4 tsp per person or serving) which is anti-inflammatory.
You’ll be better before you know it!
Latest posts by Kelli Russell (see all)
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen - May 28, 2020
- Covid Query, Connection, & Creativity - March 25, 2020
- Want to Experience A Massive Shift? Quit the Blame Game! - February 2, 2020