03 Apr Key Lime Energy Bars
Craving a healthy and energizing key lime fruit and nut bar without all the oil? Look no further. You can slice them into bars or roll them into energy balls.
Vegan, Gluten free, Paleo
∙ Makes 12
- 20 Deglet dates OR 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 Lime, Juice of
- 2 Limes, Zest of
Baking & Spices
- 1 Pinch Sea salt
Nuts & Seeds
- 3/4 cup Almonds, whole
- 3/4 cup Cashews, raw
Press the fruit and nut mixture into a square on a parchment-lined baking sheet or roll the mixture between your hands to form it into balls. Both are delicious, just depends on if you want a bar or a ball.
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until mixture is crumbly yet still holds together well when pinched between your fingers. If mixture is too dry, add another date and process again or add a splash of water. If mixture is too wet, add a few more nuts and process again until crumbly.
- Press mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet forming a square about 9 x 9 inches (or roll them between your hands to form them into 16 balls). Place bars in the fridge to chill if they seem sticky.
- Cut into 12 bars. Wrap in parchment paper and store in a covered container in the fridge for up to 1 week.1/4 cup Coconut, unsweetened.
Top with additional lime zest, if desired–just press the zest into the surface of the bars.Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer if your mixture feels too sticky to cut. Cut into bars and wrap in parchment paper, before transferring them to a container. You can also skip the parchment paper wrap and lay them right into the container, placing parchment paper between layers of bars to keep them from sticking together. If you made them into balls there’s no need to wrap anything. Just toss them in the container and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Latest posts by Kelli Russell (see all)
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen - May 28, 2020
- Covid Query, Connection, & Creativity - March 25, 2020
- Want to Experience A Massive Shift? Quit the Blame Game! - February 2, 2020