08 Mar Liberate Your Spine in 3 Steps
Release back tightness and tension with this short and sweet deep stretch sequence for the spine. Hold each posture 1-3 minutes.
1. Sphinx pose or Seal: Lie on your belly, with forearms on the floor parallel, shoulders right over elbows. If you want more, straighten your arms, and point your fingertips outwards a bit. Allow your spine to dangle like a hammock. You can choose to allow your shoulders to come up by your ears (more passive) or press your shoulders down low, away from your ears.
2. Caterpillar Pose: Seated, legs out in front of you, parallel. Extend your spine, then allow it to round over your legs. You can put a block under your hips if it feels like you’re fighting an uphill battle, or a bolster under your knees or on top your legs for support.
3. Twisted Roots: Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Lift your hips and move your buttocks a few inches to the right. Cross your right leg over your left, then guide your knees to the left. If the spinal stretch is too intense, uncross your legs. Repeat on the other side.
- The Deepest Pain Can Lead to the Greatest Ecstasy - December 1, 2022
- 20 Things to Do Right Now to Relieve Anxiety & Shift Your Mood! - November 30, 2022
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen - May 28, 2020