02 Oct REFINE YOUR TRIANGLE
Posted at 20:12h in Yoga Tips 0 Comments
Do you tend to hyperextend, have hips that slide in their sockets or feel that your internal GPS is a block off? Here’s how to stabilize your hip joint to get the most benefit out of your triangle:
- Extend your arms wide and guide your feet about as far apart as your wrists. Point your right foot forward facing on your mat, and your back foot slightly forward as well -heel to heel alignment.
- Inhale, reach forward, and exhale tip down until you feel a nice side and hip stretch, placing your right hand on your shin, reach your left arm to the sky.
- Without moving your front foot, attempt to kick your shin upwards, into your hand. This will connect your femur bone well into your hip socket.
- Then, squeeze the lower fibers of your back leg’s buttock. This will provide stabilization and a sensation of grounding, allowing you to explore the strength and flexibility of the side body with more ease.
Latest posts by Kelli Russell (see all)
- The Deepest Pain Can Lead to the Greatest Ecstasy - December 1, 2022
- 20 Things to Do Right Now to Relieve Anxiety & Shift Your Mood! - November 30, 2022
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen - May 28, 2020