04 Jun Release Your Heart Wall
Where do blockages around your heart come from?
– Dramatic events
– Some came into your life through the DNA you inherited from your ancestral line
How can you release blockages and move stuck energies?
1) You have to have intention. Create an intention and write it down. Ex: I give and receive love freely.
2) You can ask for support- Ask your higher self, ask god, ask the universe. Some believe in guardian angels. Ask them.
3) There’s a wonderful free download for a 35 minute meditation on Reawakening the Heart Here
Empathy and Compassion Create Openness
Walking in another person’s shoes is not easy to do, but can be helpful in fostering a sense of empathy. To help create empathy and compassion, I like to play a game called, “the what if scenarios.” When encountering a person who is being unpleasant or who has treated me poorly in the past, I quickly take my mind through a host of what ifs. For example, ask yourself, “What if that person is just having a bad day?” or “What if that person just lost his job?” “What if she just learned her husband was having an affair?” “What if he was just diagnosed with an illness?” As you create these stories, of which the possibilities are endless, you begin to empathize with the other person and his or her situation. This method takes you away from yourself and self-pity and places compassion onto the other person.
Now, let’s suppose that there’s a family member or close friend who just repeats a pattern of inflicting hurt on a constant basis. You can still offer love and compassion either from a distance or by setting boundaries. In any case, know that when someone chooses to hurt you, it’s almost never about you. It’s about them.
One of the greatest challenges is to have our HEART AREA free of negative emotions. This is difficult as there is a great deal of negative emotional energy surrounding people. We can overcome this by blocking negative energy and by sending out positive emotional energy.
In other words: LOVE PEOPLE. This will serve you as a cleanser and a purifier of the heart area and keep you free from disease
When you encounter hurt feelings from your past or present, you can choose to feel them fully and let them go or hold onto them. By letting them go, you’re able to open your heart to new people and new experiences with compassion, love, and understanding. Holding onto hurt harbors negative feelings and cuts you off from opportunities to love and serve. Letting go is making a choice. You must choose to let go and move on.
Give Love to Receive Love
The best way to receive love is to give it. Author and motivational speaker, Leo Buscaglia, used to teach that we should give and receive 12 hugs a day for optimal health. So give hugs and kisses. Other ways you can give love:
- Smile at everyone you see daily, even if you don’t feel like smiling. It’s contagious.
- Forgive and move on. Life is too short to hold grudges.
- Give friends, family and co-workers positive affirmations and feedback.
- Try to go one day a week without criticizing anyone or anything, including yourself.
Take any opportunity you can to foster love and loving feelings. Love is a currency and whatever you give will come back to you.
“Open Yourself to Love With the Fourth Chakra.” The Chopra Center. N.p., 20 Feb. 2017. Web. 04 June 2017.
Latest posts by Kelli Russell (see all)
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen - May 28, 2020
- Covid Query, Connection, & Creativity - March 25, 2020
- Want to Experience A Massive Shift? Quit the Blame Game! - February 2, 2020