28 May Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen
SERVES 4 (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE)
- 1 cup kale, de-stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon neutral oil (e.g. grapeseed), divided
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 1/4 lb (0.6 kg) portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper, minced + 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from can)
- 12 corn tortilla shells, warmed
- Guacamole (see recipe below)
- For garnish: Quick Pickled Onions/Jalapenos, Cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine kale, 1 teaspoon oil and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Use your hands to rub the oil and lime juice into the kale leaves. Set aside to soften.
- Heat a large skillet pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Once hot, add sliced mushrooms and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until reduced by half and the mushrooms are slightly browned. Add cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Stir to mix. Then add chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, stirring to coat mushrooms evenly. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice and cook for 1 more minute, then remove from heat.
- Serve mushrooms with the massaged kale, warm tortilla shells and guacamole. Garnish with quick pickled onions and jalapenos, and cilantro (if desired).
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In a bowl, scoop out avocado. Use a fork to mash avocado until smooth, then add lime juice, cumin, onion powder and salt. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning, if desired. Add chopped cilantro, if using. Serve immediately.
-Leftover guacamole can be stored in a tightly sealed container. If the guacamole doesn’t fill up the container, press a layer of plastic wrap on top of the guacamole before putting the lid on. It helps further minimize browning.
Recipe from evergreen kitchen
Latest posts by Kelli Russell (see all)
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen - May 28, 2020
- Covid Query, Connection, & Creativity - March 25, 2020
- Want to Experience A Massive Shift? Quit the Blame Game! - February 2, 2020