15 Jun Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls!!
Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls
This spaghetti squash burrito bowl recipe is easy to make and so good for you! These beautiful burrito bowls are vegan, gluten-free, and above all, delicious.
Recipe yields 4 burrito bowls.
Roasted spaghetti squash
•2 medium spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds each), halved and seeds removed
•2 tablespoons olive oil
•Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cabbage and black bean slaw
•2 cups purple cabbage, thinly sliced and roughly chopped into 2-inch long pieces
•1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
•1 red bell pepper, chopped
•⅓ cup chopped green onions, both green and white parts
•⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
•2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, to taste
•¼ teaspoon salt
Avocado salsa verde
• ¾ cup mild salsa verde, either homemade or store-bought
•1 ripe avocado, diced
•⅓ cup fresh cilantro
•1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
•1 medium garlic clove, roughly chopped
• Optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro and/or seasoned toasted pepitas (not shown)
1. Roast the spaghetti squash: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up. On the baking sheet, drizzle the halved spaghetti squash with olive oil. Rub the olive oil all over each of the halves.
2. Sprinkle the insides of the squash with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Turn them over so the insides are facing down. Roast for 40 to 60 minutes, until easily pierced through with a fork.
3. Assemble the slaw: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, black beans, bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
4. Make the salsa: In the bowl of a blender or food processor, combine the avocado, salsa verde, cilantro, lime juice and garlic. Blend until smooth.
5. Assemble. Use a fork to separate and fluff up the flesh of the spaghetti squash. Then divide the slaw into each of the spaghetti squash “bowls,” and add a big dollop of avocado salsa verde. Finish the bowls with another sprinkle of pepper, cilantro, and optional pepitas.
*Recipe from CookieandKate.com
- The Deepest Pain Can Lead to the Greatest Ecstasy - December 1, 2022
- 20 Things to Do Right Now to Relieve Anxiety & Shift Your Mood! - November 30, 2022
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen - May 28, 2020