10 Jul GET YOUR YOGA HANDSTAND ON!: Tricks of the trade Tuesday
The ever-elusive yoga handstand:
Squeeze your lower legs together!
O.k. so this is one that I’ve been working on for years an I think that I just discovered the missing link!
This tip is for those that can already go up into the full version and has trouble unshackling yourself from the wall.
- Imagine that you have placed a single quarter between your lower legs in 1 inch increments starting at your big toes, all the way up to your knees.
- Squeeze those quarters together without allowing them to drop to the floor. If you think you are squeezing enough, then squeeze more!
- Remember, drawing your tailbone under and pulling your low front and back ribs inward is another big key.
- No flat palms, either. Claw the mat and let your fingertips help you balance when you wobble!
I asked the owner of one of the most beautiful, steady un-walled handstands that I’ve ever seen how she did it. She said, “I practiced every day for two or three years!” So don’t give up!
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen - May 28, 2020
- Covid Query, Connection, & Creativity - March 25, 2020
- Want to Experience A Massive Shift? Quit the Blame Game! - February 2, 2020