24 Apr Yoga for Beginners: 5 tips
Posted at 08:39h in Yoga Tips 0 Comments
ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THE JOURNEY!!!
Being a beginner in yoga can be tough. But it doesn’t have to be.
Here are 5 yoga for beginners tips to help get you up and running in no time!
- Make a commitment that for the 1st month you will focus on deep, even breathing throughout the practice. If you practice regularly, the postures, terminology and alignment details will develop as you go.
- Don’t worry about what anyone else is doing around you. Someone will always be better or worse than you (no matter what you do in life). That is not what this is about.
- Tune into the sensations in your body and only do what feels appropriate for you on that day. The activities you did the day before, what you ate and drank, how you slept, etc., will all effect where you are at today.
- Shop around! Try several different instructors, several different styles and several different settings (yoga studio, gym, community center) to see what you like the best.
- Once you found a few favorites, put the time and date in your calendar and COMMIT!!! Pay in advance so that you can’t back out. Enlist a yoga buddy to go with you.
Latest posts by Kelli Russell (see all)
- The Deepest Pain Can Lead to the Greatest Ecstasy - December 1, 2022
- 20 Things to Do Right Now to Relieve Anxiety & Shift Your Mood! - November 30, 2022
- Smoky Portobello Mushroom Tacos from Evergreen Kitchen - May 28, 2020